Please click here for important information about houses and appartments built before 1978.
Please click here to download and print a PDF application to rent.
Rex Rentals & Realty, Inc. does not discriminate on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, disability or source of legal income. We comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning fair housing.
Thank you for selecting a property managed by Rex Rentals & Realty, Inc. as a possible new rental home for you. Please fill out the form completely. It is important to supply all the information asked for. The more complete the form, the quicker it will help in making our decision.
Please return the application to:
Rex Rentals & Realty, Inc.
P.O. Box 41471
St. Petersburg, FL 33743
Office: 3110 1st Avenue North Suite 2N
With an application fee of $30.00 per adult (18 and older)
If payment is not recieved with application, tenancy is automatically denied.
All occupants over the age of 18 years old must give the information on the form. If you are over the age of 18 you will become part of the obligation to fulfill the lease. ( If there are more than two applicants over the age of 18, please use a second form.)
You will be notified usually with in 2 business days of receiving of your application.
RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA
1. All Adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee. Applicant must provide proof of identity. A Nonrefundable application fee will be required for all adult applicants. Applicant may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner's association and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit.
2. Applicants must have a combined gross income of not more than 43% of their monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a co-signer. A minimum of two years residential rental history is required.
3. Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays (within 3 years), judgments (within 3 years), eviction filing (within 3 years), collections and liens (within 3 years), or bankruptcy (within the past 5 years.)
4. Self employed applicants may be required to produce upon request 2 years of tax returns or 1099s and non-employed individuals must provide verifiable proof of income.
5. All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
6. Criminal records must contain no convictions for felonies within the past three years and no sexual offenses ever. In the event a record comes back "adjudication withheld" further documentation may be required and applicant may be denied on this basis.
7. Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no
damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
8. No pets (with the exception of medically necessary service animals) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, and/or an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet deposit or additional security deposit. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary service animals.
9. A minimum non-refundable property preparation fee may be charged at to the Resident(s) at time of leasing the property. It will be used at the end of your lease term to cover any needed cleaning, carpet cleaning and re-keying. Other mandatory minimum fees for cleaning, carpet cleaning, re-keying etc. may be charged as per the lease. Resident(s) shall still be liable for amounts for damages, cleaning, re-keying etc. that exceed this nonrefundable property preparation fee or minimum fees.
10. Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent.
11. The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
12. We may require a reservation or good faith deposit to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this
deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit.
13. Any exceptions to our company's criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional
security, co- signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
14. Our company policy is to report all non-compliance with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed, to the credit bureau.